There’s a meme on Facebook to list 10 books that have affected or stayed with you. You’re not supposed to dwell on your answer but just list the first 10 books that come to mind that have meant something to you for one reason or another. Perhaps they inspired you. Or terrified you. Or resonated with you in some manner that is personal.
I may have done this list previously. I’m sure it varies depending on my mood, or if I’ve read anything recently that became embedded in my DNA, so here is my current list of 10 Books That Have Affected Me (in no particular order):
* * *
1) Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk
2) Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
3) Lord of the Flies by William Golding
4) St. Lucy’s Home for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell
5) Geek Love by Katherine Dunn
6) The Stand by Stephen King
7) Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
8) The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
9) Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
10) American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
* * *
That’s my list. Feel free to share yours.